Disclaimer

FAKE NEWS (just seems like it could be true)

Monday, June 27, 2022

Supreme Court Ruling will Bring About A Different Sports Commentary to Football

 

Satirical News Service
Washington DC

Now that the Supreme Court has ruled in favor of coaches praying on the 50-yard line, sports commentaries will take on a totally new spin.

Commentor1:  Bill what did you think of that last play. Do you think the coach got it right?

Commentor2: Jim, I’ve seen a lot of calls but the use of Proverbs 24:17 was brilliant. “...lurk like a thief near the house of the righteous, and plunder their dwelling place. The quarterback never saw it coming. He got sacked almost immediately.

Comentator2: How about the second-quarter defensive play. Do you think the coach was smart to go with Psalms 143:12"Thou shalt deliver me from evildoers and save me from bloodthirsty men. See how they lie in wait for me! Fierce men conspire against me for no offense of mine”?

Commentator1: No Bill, he would have been much better going with Psalms 123:2 - "...thou shalt quicken--bring out--cut off--destroy"

Commentator2: I think we can all agree that the coach totally blundered when he went with Psalms 23 in the 4th quarter “...He maketh me lie down on green pastures”. That prayer probably cost them the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment