Disclaimer

FAKE NEWS (just seems like it could be true)

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Aide Accidently gives Trillion Dollar Coin to Homeless Man

 

Satirical News Service
Washington DC

 After the US Mint secretly minted a 1 Trillion Dollar platinum coin as a last-ditch effort to do an end run around defaulting on the National Debt, an aide who was tasked with delivering it to the Treasury accidentally gave it to a homeless man.

According to sources within the US Mint, the single coin had been minted just 12 hours before. An aide was tasked with actually delivering that coin into the hands of the Treasury Secretary before the midnight deadline after which time the US would default. The aide stated that he had every intention to deliver it, but as he was crossing Constitution Avenue, he ran into a homeless man who asked him if he had spare change. “I reached into my pocket and handed him a coin. I really thought it was a quarter, but when I got to the Treasury Department I realized my mistake – that I had given him the Trillion Dollar Coin”. Efforts to find the man were not successful, but authorities are certain that they’ll find him when he tries to use it to buy booze and expects change back.

No comments:

Post a Comment