Disclaimer

FAKE NEWS (just seems like it could be true)

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Intervention Therapy for Alexa Users

As the popularity of Amazon Echo and other such devices grows, there seem to be an increasing number of users who are just not getting along with these devices. Consequently, Amazon has offered a new paid Intervention service to sort out communication issues and tensions between users and their devices. Here is a transcript of one of those interventions

TH: Alexa, Your owner tells me that he is having a hard time communicating with you. Can you respond to this?

Alexa: I’m sorry I did not understand the question.

TH: Well the question was why do you think your owner is dissatisfied with you?

Alexa: I’m sorry I don’t know how to respond to that question

Owner: That’s all I get, every damn question I ask “I’m Soorrry, I don’t knuuuu how to respond to that!”

TH:  Alexa, can you respond to that?

Alexa: Can you state the question again. I’m not sure I understood it.

Owner: I’ll state it again – Why don’t you go F***K yourself!

Alexa: I’m sorry, I don’t know how to do that.

TH: Well it seems like both of you have a lot of serious issues to work out. Would you like to schedule another time to meet and discuss this.


Alexa: Your calendar shows an opening 10:00 am next Tuesday. Shall I enter this as an appointment?

No comments:

Post a Comment