Disclaimer

FAKE NEWS (just seems like it could be true)

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tim Tebow Admits “Misquoted Bible Verse Cost Us the Game”



Satirical News Service
Foxborough, MA

January 15,2012

In a hastily called post-game interview, a contrite Denver Bronco’s star quarterback Tim Tebow admitted that his mistaken bible quotes probably cost the Bronco’s last night’s championship game.

“Just before the kick-off I meant to pray Exodus 12:15 “Thou shalt vanquish all mine enemies before me”. Instead I prayed Deuteronomy 11:7 “Thou shalt lead thy lambs to slaughter”. "I don’t know how I could have been so bone-headed!”

In another costly mistake early in the first quarter, Tebow said “Just before I was about to pass the ball I meant to pray“ Ecclesiastes 14:2 “Thou shalt receive my holy bounty”. Instead I prayed Psalms 23:11 “Thou shalt lay me down in green pastures”. Well, I don’t need to tell you the result of that prayer!"

John Fox, the head coach of the Denver Broncos said in the post-game interview “There are a lot of things we need to work on with Tim in next year’s season. First and foremost is getting his prayer quotes right. From now on instead of wearing a play list on his wrist during the game, he needs to carry a list of bible quotes that he’s worked on so he doesn’t get them mixed up again. He’s also spending too much time praying in the pocket on long bible quotes. He needs to pick short quick ones and say them a lot more quickly.




No comments:

Post a Comment